At PM Control, we recognize that obtaining replacement parts is not always an option for our customers. When time constraints limit your service window we can provide reconditioned governors on an exchange-basis. We simply exchange your existing governor for a newly overhauled and tested unit from our stock; ensuring a replacement is there and ready to be fitted when you need it.
The exchange program is available for governors in a wide range of applications – for ships, refineries, power generators and more. Our exchange service is tailored for the marine industry, where we can shorten the turn-around even further by preparing exchange governors before the vessel arrives in port.
The entire process is fast, efficient and simple to manage.Use our Exchange Program when:
- A governor overhaul or repair is needed urgently but:
- The service time window is small (e.g. during bunkering, container loading/unloading, etc)
- The vessel calls into a port where governor service is unavailable
- The current spare governor needs to be replaced with a newly reconditioned one.
- Provide us with the key data of the governor needing to be replaced. This can be found on the unit itself. We require:
- The model number (e.g. UG-8, NZ61, RHD-6, etc.)
- The part number or designation number
- The serial number
- Let us know if your existing governor has a problem or, if because of time limited maintenance requirements, you simply need a fresh unit.
- Our team will then prepares, calibrate, and test a newly overhauled governor to the same specifications, ready for delivery to you.
- Once you receive this unit, simply send us your used governor. Should you need any further assistance from our service engineers to carry out the exchange just give us a call.
- Your cost is known and contained
- System downtime is minimized
- Avoids potentially lengthy delays while waiting for replacement parts
- It’s an instant solution to any governor problem
Please note: Although exchange governors are provided at a lump-sum price, there may be additional costs according to the type of governor or if the governor being replaced is beyond repair.