PG Dial and Lever Governors
Woodward PG Dial and Lever governors control the speed of diesel, gas, and dual-fuel engines in a variety of fields. Their applications include engines driving pumps, compressors, alternators, variable speed dc generators, marine propulsion units, and paper machines.
Besides controlling speed, PG governors can also limit load and shut down the engine when the lubricating oil pressure fails.
Woodward customizes each PG governor to meet the needs of the engine and the application.
Each PG governor contains the following elements:
- An oil pump, storage area for pressurized oil, and a relief valve to limit maximum oil pressure.
- A centrifugal flyweight head/pilot valve assembly to control oil flow to and from the governor power cylinder assembly.
- A power cylinder assembly (servomotor) to reposition the engine fuel rack. This can be either a spring-loaded or differential assembly.
- A compensating system to stabilize the governing system.
- Speed-setting adjustments